Signing up to a giveaway service is just the beginning, promoting your contest or giveaway is when the real work starts. Not only do you have to build an awesome looking giveaway with an attractive prize but you also need to share it with the right people.
Here are a few options and suggestions for promoting a new giveaway. Some of them are more in depth and time consuming than others, it also depends on your industries but the options are pretty limitless, so get creative!
Top Way to Promote Contests:
- Submit to giveaway sites – list
- Write and promote blog post – checklist for post promotion
- Reddit-like communities – guide
- Cold Emailing Bloggers – how to cold email the right way
- Facebook Ads – guide
- Share on Reddit – guide
- StumbleUpon + ads – guide
- Leverage your email list – guide
- Sharing email lists with complementary brands – do’s & don’ts
- Facebook Groups – guide
- Twitter / Instagram profile link
- Slack chat groups – top groups
- Scheduled social media posts – Buffer guide
- Influencer Marketing with Twitter – how to
- Influencer Marketing with Instagram – top examples
- Influencer Marketing with YouTube – types of campaigns
- Creating tips or value add YouTube videos
- Add your contest to your website (homepage, purchase or lead thank you page)
- Mention your contest on podcasts
- Mention your contest at events (if you’re a speaker or sponsor)
- Reply to question posts on Twitter, Facebook and other channels with answer + link to your contest.
- Buy ad banner space on niche websites
- Answer questions on Quora and link to your contest
- Add your contest to your email signature
Partner Up with Another Brand
As you can see there’re quite a number of ways to promote your contest. We highly suggest you lean into the platforms you have the most social following on as a large majority of the successful giveaways leverage their own social platforms and email lists to help get their giveaway off the ground.
Some of the best tactics we have seen are from leveraging passionate audiences on Reddit, inbound.org and social media groups.
If you’re looking to run a viral contest or giveaway, check out VYPER.
If you have any of your own suggestions on how to promote giveaways please share below in the comments.
Jack Paxton is the co-founder of VYPER, a marketing tool that helps brands build email lists, social followings, and revenue using viral giveaways, referral, and reward programs. After millions of dollars spent testing different marketing strategies at his marketing agency. He then also co-founded Hyax a fast, conversion & design-focused course and funnel builder for creators.