Consumer spending drastically increases during April, which is why it’s wise to get your brand involved in Easter. Hosting an Easter giveaway will allow your brand to stand out and effectively promote itself during this time.
Not sure what to do next? No worries, we’ve got your back!
This guide has exclusive Easter giveaway ideas, along with advice on choosing the best prize. We even threw in some real-world Easter giveaway examples to help you better understand the strategies that some brands use in their campaigns.
And lastly, we included a Q&A section to address common issues with Easter giveaways.
But first, let’s have a look at some Easter stats.
- Why Host an Easter Giveaway?
- Easter Giveaway, Contest, and Prize Ideas
- Easter Sales Trends 2023
- Real World Easter Giveaway Examples
- A Little Extra Earing Giveaway – @aleshop.us (Instagram)
- Beautiful Easter Giveaway – @roseandbeetextiles (Instagram)
- The Nastee-ist Festival Giveaway – nastee.co (Website)
- Easter Fudge Lovers Giveaway – @MrStanleys (Twitter)
- Huge Free Easter Giveaway – @PurpleStars02 (YouTube)
- Bunny Egg Jar Giveaway – @theonlywayis_pink (Instagram)
- Cute Easter Egg NFT Giveaway – @eggscapeclub (Twitter)
- Easter Giveaway and Contest Q&A
FREE DOWNLOAD: Get all Our Contest & Giveaway Marketing Guides, Checklists, and tutorials that have helped 100’s of brands collect 15k+ emails in under 21 days!
Why Host an Easter Giveaway?
Easter is a celebration that takes place in more than 95 countries globally. While it is mostly a religious celebration, Easter is also a time filled with diverse cultural events.
People from various nations and religious backgrounds have also joined in on Easter celebrations. Partly due to the fact that many countries have holidays around Easter.
With so many people invested in Easter, spending during this period is through the roof.
People spend on items such as:
- Easter baskets
- Greeting cards
- And more
Americans spend a lot on these items (and more) on Easter and the total spending during that time is insane.
Here are the stats:
So, as you can see, Easter is an excellent time to promote your brand and dive right into that immense consumer spending.
One of the most effective ways to promote your brand during Easter is with an Easter giveaway.
In the sections below, we will analyze Easter giveaways to reveal the expert strategies used. We also answer a bunch of Easter giveaway questions.
But first, let us present to you, our Easter giveaway ideas (prize ideas included!).
Easter Giveaway, Contest, and Prize Ideas
We came up with exclusive and original giveaway ideas that you are more than welcome to use. If you have a few great ideas of your own, please feel free to share them with us.
Also, contact us if you need more info regarding the Easter giveaway ideas we have laid out below.
Easter is a time of year that is synonymous with candy consumption. Chocolate eggs are among the most popular treats that are associated with Easter.
An Easter Bunny Chocolate Giveaway is an excellent idea.
Easter Bunny Chocolate Giveaway
- Prize: A mega chocolate bundle filled with chocolate Easter eggs and bunnies
- Ideal for: Candy brands, cooking brands, or department stores
- Target audience: People with a sweet tooth, parents wanting sweets for their kids, or people that traditionally celebrate Easter with candy gifts
- Entry method: Submit your email to enter, locate the Easter bunny, or submit your Easter recipe
You can adjust this giveaway to include candy, cupcakes, and even energy drinks. Stick to products that have a theme that is in line with Easter for maximum effect.
Turn this campaign into a contest by getting users to submit art, recipes, or poems to enter.
Cute plush toys or kids’ toys are great for getting kids excited about Easter. Cuddly bunny plush toys or mini squishable bunnies are perfect Easter giveaway prizes.
An Easter Basket giveaway is another excellent idea. You can give away a cute Easter basket that’s filled with a bunch of toys, sweets, fidget toys, and chocolates.
Easter Bunny Plush Toy or Toy Basket Giveaway
- Prize: Easter bunny plush toys or a toy and sweet easter basket bundle
- Ideal for: Toy brands, kids clothing/bag brands, or grocery stores
- Target audience: Plush teddy bear lovers, people with kids, or toy lovers/collectors
- Entry method: Submit your email to enter, send us your Easter drawing, or follow us to enter
Seeing that a toy giveaway is more kid-centric, your entry method can be something fun and engaging for them.
For example, coloring or drawing competitions. Entrants must submit a drawing of the Easter bunny to enter.
A toy giveaway can also appeal to collectors. For example, a Marvel Superhero statue giveaway.
A Marvel giveaway held over Easter will attract an older audience as well. People that are interested in comic books or superhero movies.
Content creators and influencers can certainly host an Easter giveaway. The prize can simply be their merch.
In the case of a brand sponsor collaboration giveaway, the prize can be the brand’s product. More on this below.
Merch Easter Giveaway
- Prize: The influencer’s merch or the sponsored brand’s products
- Ideal for: Influencers, content creators, or brands that use influencers to promote their products
- Target audience: An online audience made up of the influencer’s followers or social media users
- Entry method: Submit your email to enter, follow us (and our sponsor) to enter, or Share this video and tag a friend
Social media influencers regularly team up with brands to host online giveaways. The brand sponsors the prize for the giveaway and has the influencer promote the campaign on their social.
This strategy allows the influencer to effectively market the giveaway and drive traffic and followers to the brand sponsor.
Your brand can host a simple easter giveaway by teaming up with an influencer who will expose your brand and product to their audience.
Easter Sales Trends 2023
With Easter just around the corner in 2023, it’s time to start thinking about what customers will look for next year when they shop for their festive needs. Based on online trends and customer feedback over the last few years, traditional items like chocolate eggs and bunnies will remain popular staple gifts.
However, market data suggests significant potential for introducing more innovative products and services catering to increasingly environment-friendly consumers – resulting in a more sustainable holiday season.
In particular, more natural foods like organic cocoa, dairy-free candies, and artisanal gift packages are predicted to rise in popularity and make up some of the top 2023 easter sales trends.
Brands need to adjust their product promotion strategy and develop creative ideas to capitalize on the opportunities presented by these emerging trends.
Real World Easter Giveaway Examples
We analyzed some interesting Easter giveaways to discover foolproof strategies that your brand can use today.
Feel free to contact us if you have any more questions.
A Little Extra Earing Giveaway – @aleshop.us (Instagram)
- Entry Method: Follow me to enter, like and share the post
- Prize: White Bunny Earrings (3 Winners)
- Ideal for: Small online businesses or Etsy Store Owners
A Little Extra is an online store that specializes in homemade clay earrings. Like most Shopify stores, A Little Extra regularly promotes itself on Instagram.
A Little Extra hosted an Easter Giveaway on Instagram to celebrate Easter and the brand’s new Easter collection. Their goal is to grow their audience on the platform while promoting their Easter collection.
Instagram users are required to engage with A Little Extra to enter the giveaway. They will also have to like the giveaway post and share it with their Instagram Stories.
- Giving away your own products is always a great way to promote your store and products. Hosting the giveaway will also help you find an audience on the platform.
- Asking entrants to share the post to their stories will make the giveaway post more discoverable among the entrants’ followers.
- As a bonus entry, users are required to tag their friends in the post. This helps gamify the campaign with people competing for more entries. Users tagging their friends will also boost engagement on the post, making the post more viral and discoverable on Instagram.
Beautiful Easter Giveaway – @roseandbeetextiles (Instagram)
- Entry Method: Follow us to enter, like and save the giveaway post, share the giveaway post to stories
- Prize: Set of 6 decoupage Easter eggs and bunny ear basket
- Ideal for: Niche brands, small businesses, or online stores
Rose & Bee is an Instagram user that specializes in modern rope baskets and homeware.
An Easter giveaway is an ideal way to promote their brand and their rope baskets. Especially the baskets that feature cute bunny ears!
For their Instagram giveaway, Rose & Bee teamed up with Mimosa Baby to give away a cute rope basket filled with 6 decoupage Easter eggs. Rose and Bee supplied the basket and Mimosa Baby sponsored the eggs.
- This giveaway prize is appropriate and perfectly suits the Easter theme.
- Teaming up with another brand to host a giveaway is an excellent idea. Especially for small brands. In this giveaway, they both sponsored part of the prize to create one complete and unique prize.
- Giveaway entrants were required to engage with both brands. This meant that both brands benefited from all leads generated from this campaign.
The Nastee-ist Festival Giveaway – nastee.co (Website)
- Entry Method: Fill in the form to enter, share the giveaway, and complete tasks
- Prize: Nastee prize bundle. Includes clothing, earplugs, hydration pack, and more
- Ideal for: Clothing brands, online stores, or festival/concert giveaways
Nastee is a clothing company that’s focused on producing whimsical attire for clubbers and casual bar hoppers.
They hosted a massive festival giveaway that took place just before Easter. The giveaway comes at a perfect time when public gatherings are beginning to open up.
Nastee partnered with other brands (Wekapo, Eargasm, and SoJourner) to build a bigger prize and a better giveaway.
Each brand sponsors an item that will be included in a prize bundle. This means a larger giveaway prize to attract more people.
All brands can help in promoting the giveaway and can then share the leads generated from this campaign.
- A time-sensitive giveaway hosted close to Easter. It may not have a strong Easter theme, but it will still appeal to its target audience over Easter.
- Nastee partnered with other brands to host this giveaway. This led to a larger giveaway and a diverse giveaway prize that will appeal to more people.
- Nastee and the giveaway could also simply giveaway gift cards to their online stores. This can mean one large gift card giveaway.
Easter Fudge Lovers Giveaway – @MrStanleys (Twitter)
- Entry Method: Follow us to enter, like and retweet the giveaway post, leave a comment with the location of the hidden Easter egg
- Prize: Fudge Lover’s gift box (candy bundle)
- Ideal for: Food brands, online stores, or small brands wanting to build their Twitter profiles
Mr. Stanley’s is a fudge and toffee brand that regularly promotes itself on Twitter. They wholesale their products to candy stores in the UK.
An interactive Easter giveaway is the ideal campaign to boost Mr. Stanley’s Twitter engagement. To enter, users must find the hidden easter egg in the giveaway post. They must then leave a comment on the post with the exact location of the easter egg.
This entry method drastically boosts engagement in the post, making it go viral on Twitter. A viral Twitter giveaway only leads to more giveaway entrants.
- A fun and engaging campaign that requires users to play along.
- The entry method requires users to Follow, Like, Retweet, and comment. This results in user-generated content (UGC), an increase in followers, and a boost in engagement on the giveaway post. The massive engagement boost will potentially lead to a viral tweet.
- The giveaway is hosted over a period of two weeks and well ahead of Easter.
Huge Free Easter Giveaway – @PurpleStars02 (YouTube)
- Entry Method: Subscribe to enter, like the video, and leave a comment
- Prize: Bundle of gifts ranging from makeup to toys and sweets
- Ideal for: Micro-influencers, makeup brands, or brands looking to use a YouTuber to promote their products
PurpleStars02 is a YouTube channel hosted by Kayla Ann, a YouTuber that creates makeup and lifestyle vlogs.
Kayla put together a massive prize bundle that is made up of a bunch of goodies. The bundle includes cute items like lip balm, plush toys, candy, and more.
We love how Kayla put together a bunch of small, relatively inexpensive products and treats together to build a huge prize bundle. The candy and products (egg bouncy ball, candy-flavored lip balm, etc.) are in keeping with the Easter theme.
- Simple YouTube giveaway to grow subscribers and promote merch and other products.
- A massive prize bundle made up of a ton of small, cheap items.
- The giveaway video showcases the products being given away. Kayla also informs users on how they can enter her giveaway.
Bunny Egg Jar Giveaway – @theonlywayis_pink (Instagram)
- Entry Method: Follow me to enter, like and save post, and tag a friend
- Prize: Easter egg jar
- Ideal for: Micro-influencers, home and kitchen brands, or baking/cooking brands
Kara is an Instagram influencer and mom that runs The Only Way is Pink Instagram page. Her posts range from lifestyle vlogs to home decor and improvement tips.
Kara hosted a small Easter giveaway on Instagram to boost her profile and engagement. She succeeded by giving away a classy easter egg jar. Users had to follow her and engage with the giveaway post to enter.
- Small and simple giveaway to increase audience and engagement
- An ideal Easter egg-themed prize that also fits the influencer pink theme
- A giveaway to celebrate the milestone of reaching 8k followers and to say thank you to hose followers
Cute Easter Egg NFT Giveaway – @eggscapeclub (Twitter)
- Entry Method: Follow me to enter, tag 3 friends, and join my discord
- Prize: Easter egg NFT
- Ideal for: Content creators, NFT marketplaces, or Influencers
The Eggscape Club is an NFT brand that produces collectible Easter egg NFTs. They recently created a Twitter account to promote their brand online.
An Easter giveaway is exactly what The Eggscape Club needs to grow its Twitter audience. The prize? An exclusive Easter egg NFT.
Users must follow Eggscape to enter. Eggscape also requests users to join their Discord channel to enter.
- A unique giveaway that is very relevant in regards to the current NFT trend and Easter.
- We love seeing how brands use giveaways to grow themselves on various platforms. This is a great example of how to use a giveaway to invite users to join your Discord channel.
- The prize is relevant to easter and isn’t too costly for the host to produce.
Easter Giveaway and Contest Q&A
Easter promos already begin in March. If your giveaway is a tool for promoting your brand, then hosting an Easter giveaway in March along with your Easter promos is perfect.
You can also consider hosting a giveaway early in April or even over the Easter holidays. This will allow your brand to stand out on these crucial days. However, you can miss out on early Easter consumer shopping.
Almost anything with an Easter theme will do. Eg. items related to eggs, bunnies, egg hunts, etc. Ideally, you would want to give away candy and other treats or toys as discussed in this post.
However, if your brand doesn’t necessarily cater to Easter, you could try and find a common Easter theme in your products. Or, partner with another brand with the appropriate products.
It all depends on your goals. Asking for an email to enter is ideal in building an email list. Asking users to follow you and engage with the giveaway post is ideal for building your social media presence.
Other notable entry methods are getting people to download your app or software to enter. Visit your website to enter. Or submit a selfie to enter, which promotes UGC (user-generated content).
Easter giveaways are fantastic campaigns used to effectively promote brands during April. With consumer spending at a high during this period, a giveaway can certainly make your brand stand out.
After analyzing other Easter giveaways, we found that simple Easter-themed giveaways with small prizes worked just fine. An Easter basket with chocolate eggs did enough to boost engagement on a small Instagram user’s account.
Let us know what you think of our Easter giveaway ideas and examples in the comments below. Please feel free to share more ideas and examples with us.
Jack Paxton is the co-founder of VYPER, a marketing tool that helps brands build email lists, social followings, and revenue using viral giveaways, referral, and reward programs. After millions of dollars spent testing different marketing strategies at his marketing agency. He then also co-founded Hyax a fast, conversion & design-focused course and funnel builder for creators.