Email marketing is the OG of marketing and is not going anywhere. Even with new channels like messenger, social etc popping up, email is still the highest converting channel.
We sat down with Tom from AWeber to go over the best email marketing practices to improve your email open rates, deliverability, and conversion rates.
Listen in to improve your email marketing! ?
Main Takeaways – Email Marketing
- Think of email marketing as a marathon, you need to build a relationship to generate trust and approval to sell.
- You will want to provide value before asking your leads to buy something.
- Crafting a desirable offer is important.
- Segmenting your lists can help match the right lead to the right offer to get better conversion rates.
- Make sure to use tags as well as lists to segment your leads.
- The most important email you send is the first one. It has the highest open rate so make sure you put your most important information in that email.
- Depending on your product, selling from the first email may not be right. The higher the price of your product, the longer the sales cycle usually is.
- How to improve open rates
- run split tests
- try shorter subject lines
- try emojis in pre-text
- How to improve deliverability
- avoid spam words like “Free” etc
- avoid using too many links in emails
- avoid using to many images
- avoid HTML heavy emails